I take the Data Protection Act 1998 very seriously. Minimum data is stored and minimum data transmitted. Where data needs to be transmitted you will be clearly warned before the action is taking.
By using this website or the software including under free use you are agreeing to this policy. Please request a refund for paid software or services within 24 hours if you disagree with any part of the policy and state exactly why.
This policy was last modified on March 3rd 2012
Information Never Stored Or Transmitted in secret
The following types of data are examples of sensitive information that is never transmitted or manipulated by WordPress CSV Importer without a clear warning before doing so i.e. a feature that communications administration access through my API so I can access your blog rather than you sending the details by email. Again this would never happen without you knowing and such features will take measures to reset passwords or remind you to delete temporary administration accounts. If I fail to remind you I would consider this a serious matter and I should be notified.
- WordPress administrator passwords
- WordPress administrator username
- WordPress user passwords
- WordPress user email address
- WordPress username
- Other Worpress user data
- Credit card information
Information We Store
Data stored is usually information already very public. The main reason for storing any data that belongs to you is to link your account with my services. Data stored is as follows…
- Your domain in the forms of HTTP_HOST and SERVER_NAME
- Frequency of use statistics, both plugin and support services
- Paypal email address and transaction information returned by Paypal including your full name
- Points/Credits as part of our loyalty and reward scheme
- Competition entries such as answers to questions
- Newsletter subscription action taking by you
Use Of Your Information
You will be made aware of how I use your information before I do so i.e. I cannot send you a newsletters without consent that your email address will be used for that purpose. There are some cases where your email address will be used to communicate important changes in my services, this is not considered a newsletter especially if you are a current subscriber or your use of my software may effect you in a way not previously known. The following list details about how I will use your information…
- Improve support by creating a customer account with history.
- To improve our products and services based on your use.
- To personalize the experience for individual customers especially anyone with unique needs. Usability and accessibility will gradually become a higher priority in terms of extended service features.
- Validate domain licenses, plugin will send your domain details (information that is already public) to the plugins support site by our API/Web Services.
- Your email address will be used to send you key updates about the plugin in the form of service changes rather than a newsletter. A newsletter is something totally different and not something I send out often.
- You may receive tutorial information and advice by email to help guide you through your earliest use of WordPress CSV Importer. These can be opted out of easily.
- Your WordPress account acts as a Member or Customer account. Transaction and usage data is linked to that account. The data will be used to monitor proper use of software and services.
Protection Of Your Information
My databases are only accessed by myself as I work alone. My own computer is always password protected as is my development software. An annual change of all database names and password is done to help avoid hacking. Automatic removal of your data will happen 3 years after your last transaction. This does not include usage statistic or Paypal transaction reference number, transaction amount, transaction date and the Paypal email address.
Outside Parties Accessing Your Information
I do not sell or trade user data in any form to outside parties. No outside parties have access to data stored by my services other than hosting services. My main hosting and server provider is Heart Internet Ltd.
Children Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
No information is collected for anyone known to be under 13 years of age. WordPress CSV Importer software, websites and services are targeted at people people over 13 years of age.
CAN-SPAM Compliance (USA Federal Act Of 2003)
I comply with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003. Information is only sent to members (buyers of WordPress CSV Importer). Information is only sent when it is considered vital. No communication is performed for the sole purpose of advertising.