Policy Updated 3rd March 2012
If you are seeking support, please take time to understand the support channels available to you and use the correct ones. Subscribers should try to avoid using free support methods where urgency exists i.e. project deadlines.
ACCEPTANCE OF THIS SUPPORT POLICY
By purchasing CSV 2 POST, you indicate that you’ve read and agree to our Support Policy, and all other Terms & Conditions.
CHANGES IN THIS SUPPORT POLICY
WebTechGlobal reserves the right to change or modify it’s current Support Policy with no prior notice. If we decide to change our Support Policy, we will post those changes on this page, and/or update the modification date below. Policy changes related to the purchase of a Product License, will apply only to Products purchased after the date of the change.
Support Goals 2012
The main objective is to separate support requests created by free users from those created by subscribers. Much of the tools required to reach my goal will be deployed during 2012. While doing this I need to ensure all users have a wealth of easy to access information so there will be no restricted content as such. Free support comes from the following sources…
- YouTube Tutorials
- How To Articles
Subscriber support will offer more support methods that are giving higher priority to ensure I meet my service promises. The methods to be put in place during 2012 are as follows…
- Ticket Service API
- Downloadable Videos
- Hire & Consultancy Request Queue
Subscribers Ticket Service
The plugins own interface will allow subscribers to Create, Delete, Reply and Read both tickets plus my replies to them. The ticket service will use an API to display ticket data on a screen already added to the plugin. Only subscribers will have access to this service, the subscription covers my increased running costs and priority will be giving to tickets so that paying users get the quickest attention.
Hire & Consultancy Request Queue
I think this may be a unique idea. As with the ticket service this service will also offer direct access from the plugins own interface. Only those subscribing to higher level packages will have unlimited use of this feature. The idea is to create a channel where subscribers can make requests and get priority response over anyone that may make such requests by email. My ethos is that anyone already paying should get treated as priority, well before responding to pre-sale questions and taking on more support demand.
No email support is provided. Only urgent, high private or corporate matters will be accepted by email. An objective for my support is to streamline communication data into my database for the sake of creating a permanent history for users. This should also reduce misunderstands, make an easier to manage workflow for support staff and avoid a total breakdown in communication.
Declined Support Request Examples
The scope of abilities CSV 2 POST offers generates support requests that cannot possibly be responded to with action without risking the quality of overall support. I personally keep a record of all requests asking for or showing something new but delivery will happen when it suits the plugins overall development. No completion date will be giving. Here are example requests that will be noted but may not get a response for a long time…
- Problem with integration with a 3rd party theme or plugin not yet supported: unless the features for CSV 2 POST state that integration is possible with said theme or plugin then no immediate support will be giving unless the request is actually regarding standard WordPress abilities. Some users are not aware of what is true integration between WordPress software from those that simply use WordPress core abilities as a bridge.
- Integration request for a theme: requests will be added to an existing list of similar requests. Completion should not be expected for at least 3 months.
- Integration request for a plugin: requests will be added to an existing list of similar requests. Completion should not be expected for at least 3 months.
- Conflicts with automated plugins: problems caused by leaving automated plugins that respond to post creation will not be supported. Please disable any plugin designed to handle a “manual” post/page publication. If you are not sure why, please think of CSV 2 POST as a human that can write and publish around 10-20 posts per second.
I welcome all requests to customize and modify CSV 2 POST. I have spent 2 years working with CSV importers on WordPress and have created my own list of ideas that will keep me busy until 2014. However occasionally someone has a slightly better idea or an idea that adds to an existing feature in a way I have over looked. All requests will be noted but no completion time giving.
Some requests can be complete very quickly. This entire policy mostly exists for larger changes that use a great deal of staff time.