My development roadmap shows my key tasks and the estimated month for completion.
The plugin is behind by 2 months due to myself being ill for a while and my partner is heavily pregnant so much of my time is spent taking care of my two year old. I’m still working on the plugin daily however and I thank you all for the patience shown.
- Plugin offered by email for alpha testing
- Plugin offered by download as pre-order (half-price) beta state only
- Urgent requirement for none jQuery UI interface as alternative, adding possibly 2 weeks to development time depending on the level of CSS that will be used. The option means less .js files will be loaded, lighter but the interface will be very basic.
- Release free edition on WordPress.org
- Prepare plugin pages that offer interaction with web services to load on their own. High traffic has delayed deployment of web services as too many of them are loaded at once.
- Begin or finish support documentation. Very extensive and will probably take most of the month.
- Customer accounts area with offering of different versions for download is to be developed. Management of domain licenses and subscription.
- Ticket system deploymed with web service/api support
- Question and Answers system. Possibly require development as no suitable solution exists for me. Will also have a web service for use through the plugins interface.
- Use WordPress CSV Importer to replace Easy CSV Importer but with modifications merging tab screens into a single page and removing advanced panels. There will be no web services at all. Support documentation will be created in 2013.
- Create example of auto-blogs using various themes and while doing this improve theme compatability in the plugin
I plan to continue updating the plugin and services well into 2013. More details will come not long after the release of WordPress CSV Importer. Specific features and services will be laid out.
- WordPress CSV Importer customers will be offered Easy CSV Importer free of charge. ECI will be basic but developers may wish to offer it too their clients. During January ECI will be documented on dedicated website.