Website “Users” Page
A page for all users to list their domains has been added. If popular enough we will add submission process to the plugin itself. Domain with link will be added to the list. I have seen this on other plugin sites but they generate the list automatically. I don’t believe that is acceptable. I’ve found my own domain on a list for a plugin I was testing for a client so the author is claiming I’m a user. I would disagree. We seek permission.
Our first videos have been published to YouTube. They focus on specific panels right now but Ryan is about to create tutorials to cover general procedures such as post creation.
Many image files have been removed from the plugins package to help make it lighter. We made a reduction of around 2 MB which should help downloading the free edition a lot.
RSS Feed for Freelance Jobs
We added a new RSS feed banner on the plugins Update screen for anyone interested in completing small jobs on CSV 2 POST. If you are a developer and already involved with CSV 2 POST you could easily make good money with what is usually simple tasks. We are simply trying to invest for the sake of progress and it helps to get fresh eyes on bugs, reducing the number of hours spent fixing them in many cases.
Log Files Removed
The log system is being changed from a .csv or .txt storage to database storage. A new table csv2post_log will now be added to the database on installing the plugin. This reduces complication in preparing logging as previously we had multiple files, one for each system. Database storage will allow us (user or plugin authors) to perform searches that help trace users steps and even build up statistics regarding the use of the plugin.
We can now select post ping status however it has not yet been added to the Easy CSV Importer screen. It will eventually.
Post Comments Status
The option to set post comment status has been added. Again not yet added to the Easy CSV Importer screen you will find it on the more advanced area.
We had this already and it was removed while we fixed some jQuery UI issues. It has been added again for creating templates. Please keep in mind that we can use the custom post types and standard Edit Post screen provided by WordPress to create templates also.
More work is planned to make this area of the plugin easier to understand including the WYSIWYG editor being added to Easy CSV Importer screen.
Panel Introduction Text and Panel Buttons
Panels did have a line of text introducing each panel. The purpose was to remind users of the panels purpose but we decided the space could be better use. We also had a Help button text and having two text for a each panel is too much really. The “Help” button has been renamed to “Info”. A “Video” button has also been setup. The Video button will appear when a YouTube URL is added to a panels settings.
Plugin Theme Options Offers CSS Only
Multiple jQuery UI themes are no longer offered. A developer can easily apply desired theme by replacing our theme files. This allowed us to reduce package size. The theme panel now offers the choice between jQuery UI or WordPress CSS theming.
We merged two settings screens into one. This involved merging panels into one also. We are looking into merging more panels or hiding more until required. A good example is the custom field screen. We could hide the panels that list custom fields for deletion until custom fields settings have been setup.
Free Or Premium
Main page now reads CSV 2 POST Free Edition or CSV 2 POST Premium to help avoid confusion especially if someone is beta testing and switching to free mode.
* ['intro'] text removed from all panels
* Removed “templatesystem” folder and path (contents of folder now in main plugin folder)
* Removed plugin status images, they will be used for premium service accounts only from here on
* Removed “validationengine” folder from css folder
* Removed fileuploader.css from css folder
* Removed “themethumbs” folder
* $csv2post_theme_array no longer in use
* ['vertical'] is no longer in use in tab menu array, css for it removed also
* $csv2post_mpt_arr['menu']['main']['slug'] now has a value of ‘csv2post’, previously it was a NULL variable
* csv2post_tabnumber changed to csv2posttabnumber in csv2post_get_tabnumber()
* Moved csv2post_ADDACTION_admin_init_registered_scripts() from core file to script parent file
* Moved csv2post_print_admin_scripts() from core file to script parent file
* WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY added to csv2post_debugmode()
* WP_DEBUG_LOG added to csv2post_debugmode()
* $csv2post_adm_set['ecq'] now set to array() as default, the $csv2post_eas_set array was been removed
* $csv2post_easyquestions_array shortened to $csv2post_ecq_array
* $csv2post_adm_set['easyconfigurationquestions'] changed to $csv2post_adm_set['ecq']
* Panel help button function renamed to csv2post_panel_support_buttons() and the div wrapping the function is now inside this function to prevent the div being used when no buttons are in use
* CSS inside panels has been changed to reduce empty space and make more use of the page, important on screens with many panels or wide tables inside panels
* csv2post_load_arrays.php deleted, contents moved to csv2post.php